Monday 5 May 2014

Black Milk Clothing

This is an appreciation post for a clothing label that I've been following for a long time - Black Milk Clothing.
If you have seen my previous outfit posts you'll probably have figured out that I love printed dresses.
Even though Black Milk is mostly known for their leggings they make a lot of beautiful dresses too.


I personally prefer tights over leggings as they have attached feet which looks better with heels, so I like their dresses more.


I don't have a lot of money so I can't buy everything but sometimes I can allow myself to save up to buy one of their dresses.Their skater dresses are great for a pin-up styling and their brightly colored prints make me happy. Their prints are of excellent quality and their dresses are hand-made in Australia by people who actually get an honest pay. This is my major concern with buying clothing from big fashion labels and the reason why I mostly buy vintage clothing. They look more special too!


However, Black Milk Clothing is more than just a clothing label. It'a clothing label with a huge community built around them, of fans all over the world. They call themselves 'sharkies' and they usually group together into closed facebook groups to chat about the new releases but it's also okay to talk about your personal problems in a safe closed environment with unbiased opinions.


I especially love the Dutch sharkies group. If you put together thousands of girls you are bound to get some drama, but the Dutch sharkie group virtually has none. At least, no major things. It's a great place to socialize and chitchat but also to be heard if you've got an issue in life or with yourself.


Some of the sharkies buy clothing for hundreds of dollars every release. Since I'm having enough trouble to get my bills paid as it is I'm not doing that. Clothing, a much as I love it, is an extra. But it's nice to enjoy!
Luckily, no one will judge you about this :)

Follow my blog on Bloglovin'!

1 comment: