Thursday 15 May 2014

Recipe: Nutty banana-chocolate pancakes

Here I am again!

I just had the most amazing breakfast. I usually just slap on some cream cheese and tomatoes on rye bread for breakfast but this morning I had a little bit more time on my hands.

I've been seeing recipes for banana pancakes everywhere and I really wanted to give my own twist on it.

I really like chocolate and I recently discovered the deliciousness of raw cocoa. I've been putting it in all of my smoothies and well.. it's awesome. And it's guilt free! Therefore I wondered if it would be nice to put it in my pancakes. And oh boy, it is! The pancakes are dairy, gluten, sugar and lactose free. They aren't vegan but I'm sure there are some alternatives to the egg in it if you want them to be vegan.


Here is the recipe:

Nutty banana-chocolate pancakes
(for 3-4 small pancakes)

Ingredients:
1 banana
1 egg
50g chopped mixed nuts (unsalted)
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp raw cocoa

Mash the banana on a plate and whisk the egg seperately in a small bowl. Once you've done that, put the mashed banana in the bowl with the egg and mix them by hand. Then add the cocoa, the hemp seeds and half of the chopped nuts and mix them by hand (I just used a regular fork) until the clumps of cocoa are gone.
Take a small pan and spoon some of the mixture in and bake it on a low fire. When it's nice and brown on one side, turn it around and bake it on the other side. When you are done, staple your pancakes on top of each other and serve with the remainder of the mixed nuts. If you like, you can sprinkle some raw cocoa and hemp seeds on top as well. I'm sure they'll be delicious with some maple syrup or honey if you are looking for variations!


Love,
Jopie


No comments:

Post a Comment