Friday 12 September 2014

Happy Outfit: Fairytale

I get questions all the time about why I dress like I do. I always give the same answer: because it makes me happy. Which is true, and it is indeed the only reason why I dress like this. 
However, I started asking myself the question lately; why does it make me happy? 
What do I want to convey?


I feel that todays outfit really reflects what I like and why it makes me happy. I have been obsessed with fairytales, myths and legends for as long as I could remember, and I love to put some of that obsession into what I wear. In short; I like to look as if I stepped out of a story.


Todays outfit consists of a dress by Hell Bunny that I got for my birthday from the lovely ladies at my work. I saw it in the autumn-winter catalogue and I fell in love with it, but I had no intentions of buying it as I felt I'd spent enough money on clothing the past few months. I was so happy when I got this though! It's perfect and I love the print, the neckline and the sleeves.


The flower crown is by Claire's. I used Lime Crime Red Velvet on my lips.


My eyes are MAC Gleam on my browbone and eyelid and Lime Crime Incantation blended in the crease.


I am so happy with the shoes too! I found them at Vintage per Kilo (which is exactly as the name suggests a massive vintage sale for a fixed price per kilo). I only paid a few euros for them and they remind me of Cinderella's glass slippers. They go surprisingly well with nearly every outfit!


Love,
Jopie

No comments:

Post a Comment